The Inland Gateway Association History

A Brief History of The Inland Gateway Association of REALTORS®, Inc.

In 1946, a small group of 6 REALTORS® gathered in the bakery next to Ralph W. Stanfield’s real estate office on South Main St.  These REALTORS rolled up their sleeves and laid the foundation for the Corona Board of REALTORS®.

In August 1947 the Board officially received their charter and was known as the Corona Realty Board.  Ralph Stanfield was the first president of the Corona Realty Board.

In 1951 the first FHA loans were established in the area by a local agent Howard Blakely.

In 1956 the board was incorporated and became known as The Corona Board of REALTORS®.

The community of Corona-Norco experienced a population influx and economic growth throughout the next decade.

In 1966 The Corona Board of REALTORS® was incorporated as the Corona Board of REALTORS®.

In 1974 the Association moved to 702 Crawford St., which previously served as a place of worship for the local Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation.

In 2003 the Association moved to its current location at 321 E. Sixth Street, once the old Citizens Bank.

In 2007 the National Association of REALTORS® granted a request to change the Board’s name to “The Inland Gateway Association of REALTORS®, Inc.”

In 2015 the new Articles of Incorporation were accepted and granted to reflect “The Inland Gateway Association of REALTORS” Board name update.

In 2015 TIGAR reached 2,000+ members and was granted a NAR State Director