- Emotional stability and family hub – In today’s world, most of us are overwhelmed, and uncertainty is the only constant. Owning a home gives you and your family an anchor. Thanksgiving is a yearly reminder that having your family under one roof is a tremendous blessing
- Long-term wealth creation – Many will argue that their are better ways to generate wealth. Those individuals, however, failed to grasp the physiological aspects of investing. For most, there is no better wealth generator than paying down your mortgage (while long term prices trend upwards) without typically thinking too much about it.
- Cost of living stability (the only proven form of rent control) – With fixed-rate mortgages, your monthly payments won’t change. This allows you to take some risks in your career to move up the economic ladder.
- Freedom to modify – Want to paint a wall dark purple? Or maybe just a calm grey. You are of course free to modify your own home.
- Tax breaks – Unfortunately Congress limited these a bit last year, but owning a home will still save you on your taxes, primarily through the Mortgage Interest Deduction and the State and Local Tax Deduction.
If this all look good to you, contact a REALTOR® . Regardless, have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Tony Capitelli – CEO of The Inland Gateway Association of REALTORS®